Monday, December 03, 2007

December 3rd - Peppermint Fudge and other goodies!

Today has been a busy day! Getting decorations and stuff for the house, decorating, making treats, and just normal life has kept me on my toes. Tomorrow night I am going to an ornament exchange / cookie party. See what I made? Peppermint Fudge. Impressed... aren't you? It's good... but very sweet!

And see all the jars and bowls behind it? One is for M&M's (gotta have those); then one with kisses, candy canes, etc.; then the huge one in the middle is filled with all sorts of kisses. When people come over to visit they get to guess how many candies are in it, and then a couple days after Christmas we will deliver it to the winner. Fun, huh? Idea I stole from someone else's blog. I tell you, there's a LOT of candy in there! (You can make a comment as to how many candies you think are in there too, and if you win, I will send it to you. Hint - the container is 1 gallon in size.)

{Peppermint Fudge} from Becky Higgins

FUDGE LAYER
3 tsp. butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
6 tbsp. baking cocoa
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

PEPPERMINT LAYER
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/4 c. crushed peppermint candy (about 10-12 candies)

Line the bottom and sides of a square baking dish with foil. Grease foil with butter, set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for an hour until firm.

For peppermint layer, beat cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, milk and extract. Stir in peppermint candy. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Chill for an hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge from pan. Gently peel off foil and cut into squares.

Note: A double batch fits well in a 9"x13" pan and makes about 7-8 dozen little squares of fudge.

Bet you never thought you'd see a recipe on my blog, huh? Gotta keep you on your toes! Have a super day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please help me - I tried to make this fudge and burned up my mixer! I think maybe I have the directions wrong - your's are just so perfect and beutiful. Did you melt the butter or just use it softened? If you go back and read the directions, I think the butter part is left out. I softened the butter and cream cheese and beat the two, but then when I added the powdered sugar it was way tooooo thick. I even added extra milk but it didn't do any good. Please help me! I want mine to come out like yours. I have to take this to a friend's house and am desperate. Thanks!
Brandi
Brandiwhite@comcast.net