Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Carving Pumpkins, Part II



So really, I did end up getting the guts out of a few pumpkins. Chad carved his, to look like a spider - in reference to Spiderman. I carved Macy's to be a skull. Luke's is a tombstone, Haley drew on hers and D carved a scary guy on his. Reeds' ended up being used to make pumpkin stew. Go figure. Someone emailed me a recipe for "dinner in a pumpkin", and Reed's pumpkin just happened to be a sugar pumpkin (I think) which was exactly what I needed. So, I made this stew, then put it in the pumpkin, and then cooked it for an hour. Pretty good, actually.

Also, as a homework assignment for Chad, the 6th graders had to take a pumpkin home and make it resemble a favorite fictional character (he actually used two pumpkins. He only got the top one from school, then he added the bottom, because he needed a body. How else would the lightsaber be held?). So, who do you think Chad's turned out to be... just one guess...

No comments: