Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boo Bash.

Christian, Chad as "Venom", Macy, Haley, Luke, Brendan and Jordan

K, so back to my small town tribute. Not that we really live in that small of a town, but growing up in Los Angeles, this town is tiny to me.




Anyways, the week before Halloween, the city of Camas always holds a "Boo Bash". It's when the kids can go trick-or-treating to all the stores in downtown. I was talking to my friend, Lisa Whitecomb (Hi Lisa!), down in L.A. yesterday, and she told me that Montrose, CA, does the same thing. Well, a) I never knew that and b) would you totally see all these people you know while doing it? Yesterday, even though it was raining, us (and a whole bunch of other people) went trick-or-treating to all the stores. It was cold, but the kids had a great time, got a bunch of candy, and saw tons of people that they know... from school (even teachers - they have kids too... did you know that?), church, everywhere. Only in a small town does this happen. Good or bad... depends who you ask. I love it! I love seeing people I know, everywhere I go (isn't that a song?). However last year D took the kids to WalMart one night, right after school started, and they ran right into Macy's teacher. Now the kids all loved it, and D finally got to meet her... however, Mrs. Andros was in her pajamas, being a normal person making a late night run to WalMart, and was slightly embarrased to be meeting a parent for the first time in her pajamas. Ok, so I'm rambling... the point is, Boo Bash's rock!

No comments: