Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gotta run...

Ok, so I just have a random thought... what amazing friends and family we have!

I totally hate school fundraisers! You are always spending A LOT of money for really, something not that great, just to a) support your school (Go JDZ, Skyridge, and the CW Co-op!), b) so that your kids can win stupid prizes, and c) because you get guilted into it by all the PTA people. So, a lot of the time, I just don't participate. Last year, Chad, Luke and Macy all went to the same school. Their school didn't like fundraisers, so they just asked for $45 per family, or whatever you could contribute. Love that! So easy! Just write a check once a year and be done with it!

So anyways, back to my original thought... I don't like fundraisers. However, right now, Luke and Macy's school is doing a "Run For The Arts" fun run to sponsor the Young Audiences of Oregon and SW Washington. They help to keep arts' programs in the schools. I am all about that! Nothing to sell... just support the kids, and keep art in the schools.

So, last night I sent an email to a bunch of family and friends in our address book, and what an amazing response we've gotten! Just want to say, you all rock! Thanks so much for all the support and love! And know, totally back at ya!!! That's my kind of fundraising! A worthy cause where you're not spending a lot of money on a roll of wrapping paper!

No comments: