Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cooking 101


So those of you that really know me, know how much I LOVE to cook - NOT!!! As I totally sit here watching Top Chef - love the show... not the act of doing! Anyways, I sat down with a couple of cook books the other night and came up with 18 main dishes that I thought I could make and at least some of the members of my family would enjoy. I went out and bought ALL of the ingredients - good thing we have an extra freezer! I needed something like 28 chicken breasts, 10 pounds of ground beef, and then a whole bunch of different beef parts. So, we are on day 3, and I have yet to poison anyone!!! Sunday we made homemade Mac n' Cheese - a prizewinning recipe that D found on the Tillamook Cheese website that he thought sounded yummy (not bad... but as a lover of Stouffer's Mac n' Cheese, this one was a bit too strong for me!... but Derrick loved it... even took leftovers to work the next day for lunch!). Next day found us with some really yummy stew, and even Aunt Susie liked it! And tonight we are having "Missionary Meatloaf", covered in bacon. Has to be good if it's covered in bacon! Might make a chef out me yet! Watch out Top Chef... I may be on the next season!!!

No comments: