Friday, November 30, 2007

Isn't it still November?

Macy, Chad, Daelin, Luke & Cameron plotting their "gingerbread" creations Chad and Daelin's crazy fortress. Had a car, a clock tower and everything. Pretty good for just finding random stuff in the kitchen to use, and leftover Halloween candy!
Gingerbread creations and candy calendars. Not sure where all of these things will be living for the month of December. Probably right here... on the kitchen island!


For just another day. Come one. Does Christmas really need to be in like 26 days? I don't think I'm quite there yet. Oh sure, most of the Christmas shopping is done (except for D - where's your list?), the Christmas cards might almost be ready (they're all addressed at least), we're getting a tree tomorrow (after all, it will be DECEMBER tomorrow), but still. I'm on the middle ground, I suppose. I still have the fall decorations waiting to be put away, but I put up wreaths on our lightposts last night. After all, it was snowing the other day. That must mean Christmas is coming. Right? So, in preparation, some of the traditions have begun. The kids used up leftover Halloween candy to make candy calendars the other night (Huckvale tradition - a good one really - make a poster for each kid with 25 pieces of candy on. Their own personal Advent Calendar.). I came home last night to find my brand new box of graham crackers used up to make "gingerbread houses" by the kids and some friends. We've received all our Christmas presents from Grandma Paula already, even one big one that is already wrapped, sitting in our living room all by itself, driving the kids crazy. The fact that it's for me doesn't seem to matter! I guess that Christmas will be coming... whether I am ready or not. Bring it on, I say!

No comments: