Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sunday children.

Ok, so I'm blogging a lot the last couple of days, but I just have a lot to say (what else is new?). Anyways, just one final thing to share for today. This past Sunday we had our Primary Childrens' Program at church. Now this always gets me emotional... the kids up there singing, speaking, whatever, but this time was a bit different. Now some people really get bugged by the program. ALL the children in church have some sort of a part. Now for some churches, that's not bad... but our primary has like 100+ kids in it, so that can get to be a pretty big program. Anyways, all the kids (Chad, Luke and Macy - not Haley until next year and Reed until much later) had parts. Macy and Luke had small speaking parts, and Chad gave a talk about service (I'm still waiting for him to serve without being paid... some day... ). He did a great job, as did everyone else.

Then, they get to the end of the program and Chad's 11-year-old boys' class get up there. They're all wearing white shirts and ties, and they sing "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission". Here's my baby, asking to go on a mission. All the boys he's singing with were my Webelos last year, and D's 11-year-old scouts this year, so we feel a close tie to all of them. Then, towards the end of their song, the actual missionaries walk up from out of the audience and stand behind them. When their song ends, the pianist then breaks into "Called to Serve" and the Elders sing the first verse, with the boys joining in on the chorus. Ok, by this point, all the moms in the audience are crying... not just me.

The program ends, with all of us misty-eyed, and we go to sing the closing song, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". One of the little girls from the primary sings the 1st verse all by herself with her dad playing along on a violin. The rest of the primary joins in for the chorus. Then, up goes Luke to sing the 2nd verse all by himself. Imagine this. Little Lukie (well, he's really not that little), singing all by himself in front of like 500+ people. He did an amazing job. I was pretty emotional, and people are now kidding me that I should start my own Osmond group.

How thankful am I to have such amazing kids! They drive me crazy and I want to run away half of the time, but I know how good and special they are. D and I are grateful to have such amazing spirits in our family, and we are so happy to have the gifts of them for this short time on Earth. Didn't mean to bear my testimony there a bit... but there it is! I am very thankful for the life I have! Sorry... just wanted to share. My blog... I can blog whatever I want!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

I think it's more than okay to bear your testimony wherever and whenever. I saw your mother-in-law today. They are up here at BYU for the NAC. It was fun to visit with her for a minute. It looks like you guys are doing well. I hope the writer's strike doesn't give you any troubles.