Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To dumpster or not to dumpster????


So Macy, Haley and I are out shopping at Safeway the other day. Using coupons (I [heart] coupons!), getting good deals, having a great time. We go outside, pack up the car and are leaving, when I notice this giant dumpster on the side of the parking lot. We drove over to get a closer look, and what do you know? It's a recycle dumpster. For paper products only.

(Any of you watch that show "Extreme Couponing" on TLC???? How the one lady had herself, her four-year-old son and her pregnant friend in the dumpster looking for coupons???? I was so there!!!)

Now granted, our dumpster had a lid on it (we live in the rain after all!), but I was still able to stick my arms in and get quite a few coupon inserts. Macy and Haley totally stayed in the car, embarrassed. (Where's the love, I ask you?) So Luke was nice enough to start the process of cutting out some of the coupons. Next time I'm near that dumpster, I will totally take a picture of it so you can all see what I'm talking about. Just like striking gold! :)

I totally want to be on that show... or at least do as well as they do... problem is, they don't double the coupons where we live. Every week in the ads there is usually a coupon to double 3 or 4 of your coupons, up to $.50, but nothing like when we lived in California and they doubled EVERYTHING!!! I so miss that!

No comments: