Friday, January 28, 2011

To call or not to call????


Ok, so being at Scentsy Spring Spring the other day, one of the things that they talked about was goals. Setting goals and then achieving them. Apparently writing down the goal makes it halfway done. So, I've been working this afternoon, writing some goals. My main goal is to become a Director. (I'm putting it out to the universe right now.) I would like to become a Director by June. I am so close, and it is so doable... it's just a matter of doing it. I have a rocking team of girls below me, but sometimes, I am the one that is lax. My problem is, I hate to call people (I inherited this from my mom, I think.) When I was working at WB, I could call people any time and tell them that they owed me millions of dollars and it didn't matter, but when I'm calling some one about hosting a Scentsy party, it's personal and it totally stresses me out. My heart races, my palms sweat, I try to come up with things to do instead. I am trying to get over this. This is something I need to do to achieve my goal of becoming a Director (and I totally realize that!).

So, I set a goal of trying to call 3 people a day (if I have 3 people to call). I have called 2 so far today. The first one was super nice, but one of her friend's just signed up to sell Scentsy and they had a party LAST WEEK. (Dang! Why didn't she sign up under me????? Guess I should've called sooner! I met this girl in November after all!). Second one, I left a message. I like that a whole lot better. Hopefully she will call me back, and I don't have to try again in a week or so!

So, wish me luck on my calling. Wish me luck on achieving my goal... and if you want to host a Scentsy party, you know who to call! :)

No comments: