Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nursery 101.

These are the tags hanging outside the nursery for all the kids. When it is time for one of them to leave, you put their name tag under the door, and we send them out another door. That way there aren't all these mommies and daddies coming in and out really upsetting all the little ones.

After Derrick and I both being Scout leaders for 2+ years, we were released in church and given new callings. Now know that we both really enjoyed Scouts. I was kind of ready to be released, considering that Luke just turned 11, and I would not have another Cub Scout for 6 1/2 years, but we were very surprised when D got released! He was the 11-year-old Scout leader, Luke would now be his scout, but oh well. So, they released us from Scouts, and called us where? To be the Nursery leaders! Can you believe that???? I think they're trying to kill us or something. We go out of the frying pan, into the fire! Watching 18 month to 3 years-olds every Sunday while we are at church. Glorified babysitters. Now really, I'm not trying to sound bitter or anything... this is just what I do every day. Sunday was kind of the break from being with little people. Oh well. God has his reasons, and we will definately do what we are asked. We just have to readjust our way of thinking a bit. Every calling is for a purpose, and we know that.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I like the tag idea. So Reed is in nursery with the two of you. I bet he likes that. All mine are out of nursery now. Just pray for help to understand why you are there and give it your all. Every calling is a preparation for the next one...

Dawn said...

Hi Miss Shannon! Happy belated Birthday. It's fun to catch up on your fam. You guys are so fun! The nursery tags rock. I'm sharing them with our nursery. We have 47 kiddos in nursery here. Does that crack you up? (Although it does look like you have a lot of tags!)

Dawn said...

BTW--that was me, Dawn!