Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm in mourning...


Anyone else affected by this whole digital cable thing? For weeks, there was this little note running across the bottom of the screen telling me that on March 18th the cable would no longer be there without the adapter box (I promptly chose to ignore this message - we had all the adapter boxes, but really... what would happen?). So, I wake up on the morning of the 18th to turn on my beloved HGTV, and find that it doesn't work. This is all I get. A yucky screen with more "love notes". So I run around, spend a few hours, and a few phone calls, trying to plug in the adapter boxes to the two tv's that aren't hooked up to cable boxes. Great. All is well again... except, what? You say an adapter box won't work with our Tivo???? Now what? To Tivo or not to Tivo... that is the question. So now we are back to no adapter box in our bedroom, so that we could keep our Tivo, and no more cable channels for me. Have to watch TV somewhere else. Totally in mourning. Maybe I like TV a bit too much. Gee... ya think?

No comments: