Saturday, March 07, 2009

For the love of purple crinoline.


A couple of months ago, I needed to dress up as Madonna. Remember that? The 80's roller skating party? So anyways, I sent an email around to all my crazy friends, looking for a crinoline skirt. And you know what I get back? "What the heck is a crinoline skirt?" Doesn't everybody know what crinoline is? Crazy! So, when all my friends failed me, I headed to the next best thing, one of my crazy sister-in-laws, Heidi, who is a square dancer, and happens to have a few square dancing outfits, which happen to have crinoline skirts underneath them. Voila! A purple crinoline skirt. And, I love it! And I'm not the only one. I wore it as Madonna to the party, and then for Halloween. My friend, Heather, wore it to the Prom a few weeks ago to be a rebel high schooler... and then my friend, Joy, wore it for her daughter's Fancy Nancy party. Look at the love. Sorry Heidi... you're never getting your crinoline skirt back! And the next time it's needed, everyone knows where to look!

No comments: