Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm a lemon.


So I went to the doctor yesterday and this is what I found out.

Yes, that "shockey" feeling that I've had in my wrist the past week is from the blood work that I had done last week. Apparently they hit a nerve, which is totally hard to do, but lucky me, they hit mine. I have my blood checked about every six months-ish (I have thyroid problems), and this is the first time this has happened. The doctor informed me that the "shockey", weird feeling should "only" last for about 6 weeks... lucky me.

Yes, I am anemic... a lot. We kind of already figured this, based on the amount of ice I've chewed for like the last year, but now we finally know for sure.

Yes, I am also apparently really low on vitamin D. My numbers came up to like 17, which is really bad apparently. I don't know what "good" is, but 17 is not it. This hopefully explains all the soreness and stiffness I've had the past few months. It's not from all the exercise I've not been doing (didn't you just read that... I'm already sore... why do I want to add to it????).

So, I left the doctor's office with 3 prescriptions yesterday. Two to up my dosage of my thyroid medicine and one for a gigantic dose of Vitamin D. I also left with 4, count them, 4!!! over-the-counter "vitamins" she wants me to also take. More Vitamin D (I said it was bad!), Fish Oil (yuck! I hate those burps!), something about magnesium, and Feosol (I think this is for the anemia???). So, my once daily dose of thyroid medicine that I've been taking for the last 10 years, has now been up'd to 6 pills I have to take daily. Could I be any closer to 60????? I know that I'm turning 40 next month, but this is a bit crazy!!! And I hate taking pills... which is why I haven't taken the fish oil before... oh, and the burps. Have I mentioned the burps???? They are yucky!!!

Lucky me, D loves me... if not, I'd be turning me in.

***And now I'm reading the directions on some of these, and it says, "take daily with the meal of your choice." I just ate a cupcake. It was my choice. Do you think that counts????

No comments: