Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Happy Meet-a-Versary!


Every year, no matter what, D remembers the date we met... 19 years ago. Whether I am 6 months pregnant, walking down the street having a melt-down because our 2-year-old just cut her own hair, or home alone with 5 kids while he's in a different state doing a job, he always remembers it (me... I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is, let alone the date!).

So, I was pleasantly surprised when I came home yesterday to find some beautiful flowers in our kitchen. I wondered what they were for... after all, Valentine's isn't for a few more days, and all the kids reminded me that it was our Meet-a-Versary.

I am so lucky and thankful to be married to the man I am married to. Besides the fact that he gets me flowers on occasion (which truly, I do love), but more because of the person he is, and the person that I am with him. The wonderful children that we've been blessed with, and although sometimes full of trial, the great life that we share. Thanks Schmoo for the past 19 years, I wouldn't trade them for anything! And I am grateful that I met you so many years ago too!

And what's better, when I was thanking him for the flowers, he said, "I thought you might need a Picture of the Day" today. So, he also supports all my crazy hobbies!!! Love you!!!

No comments: