Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Seattle Spring Break Extravaganza - Day 1!

(I think my eyes are closed in this picture - if you saw the front of me!)


For Spring Break, we headed to Seattle for a few days. We've never really been up here, and wanted to do all the touristy things. We headed to the Space Needle for stop #1. I was all about it... until I got into the elevator and realized that I could watch the world out the elevator window while we went up a lot of feet. Then, you get to the top, and you can go outside to the deck thing. Wasn't so keen on that. The kids and D ran out there... but it took me a little while. Then I would stay against the wall, but not really get close to look over the edge. I did finally go to the edge, but kept my eyes closed for most of it. It wasn't the height that bothered me, it was the fact that we were this big area, suspended on top of this tiny, skinny pole. Really, we could topple over at any moment. Granted, the Space Needle has been standing for almost 50 years, but today could be the day, and I don't want to be there for it!

No comments: