Monday, April 20, 2009

My new obsession.

My "coupon organizing thingy" - definately the technical term!

So I've recently become addicted to grocery shopping. Really? Yep! Love it! Cutting the coupons, finding the deals, seeing how much I can get for how little... it's all a game. I used to cut coupons when we lived in LA, but when we moved here, I gave it up. They doubled all of my coupons in LA... but no such luck here. No doubling whatsoever, unless you got a special "double four of your coupons" coupon in the newspaper - and even then, they would only double up to $.50. Well, whatever, I digress. I've rediscovered my love for coupons and grocery shopping. And I've realized that you don't really need double coupons. I'm now saving more money by just paying attention to what's on sale, and what I have coupons for, than worrying about whether they'll double or not. Take my adventures today for example. I went to Albertsons, Safeway, Walgreens, Winco and Target (all while Haley was at school - 2 1/2 hours - I come very prepared!). (I'm not counting Winco in my grand total because they don't really do coupons, but other than them, wanted to tell you how I did.) I spend part of my Sunday afternoons going thru all the coupons and ads, and all these great websites that tell you about deals. My grand total (before coupons and everything) was $302.17. Oh my gosh!!! That's a LOT!!! After all my coupons, specials, register rewards, and whatever else I had, I got it all for $140.77, and got $30.00 in credits for my next shopping adventures ($10 Safeway, $10 Walgreens and $10 Target). Not bad at all! That's more than 50%!!! Target was my big dollar hit because I loaded up on diapers. And it's all name brand stuff that we use! Pretty cool, huh?

Pop Tarts, Huggies, Huggies Wipes, Gatorade, Powerade, Capri Sun, Tropicana OJ, Cheerios, Arrowhead water, lots of soda!, salad kits, Pasta sauce, Purel, Crystal Lite, lots of other random stuff!

2 comments:

This Mom said...

Okay are you giving lessons??? I really could use some help in the savings area. Really I am going to come visit Don't be surprised if I show up one day

This Mom said...

Also I was just watching Rachel Ray this morning and she had this blogger on. She is a couponer (made up word??) too. thought you should visit her blog. she makes 5 dollar dinners for her family.

http://www.5dollardinners.com/

PS my word verification is Shorty what's up with that??