Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our hearts are a bit heavy right now.

So, with all those posts, I left this one for last so it would be at the top of my blog right now. We are saddened with the recents deaths of two people that have affected our lives.

The first is Rose Flanagan, someone we knew from Video Symphony. Her son owns the company, and she's always been a part of it. She brought the bagels, the snacks, the food. Took care of all of the students. Made sure they were fed and happy. She also bickered with you, bartered with you and always had an opinion and a smiling face to share. Rose passed away the other day at the tender age of 78, and she will be greatly missed.


The second is a friend of ours from Southern California, Aaron Braden. He was in a car accident last week while driving his motorcycle on the 210. He was killed instantly. Unlike Rose, he was a young guy, in the prime of his life. He married Shannon a few years ago, and they were just in their beginning. They recently bought a new home, and were just starting out. We were very surprised and sad to hear of Aaron's passing, and are keeping Shannon and their families in our prayers.

Our thoughts and prayers are going out right now to both the Flanagan the Braden families. We love you and want you to know that both Rose and Aaron touched us and will forever hold spots in our hearts.

4 comments:

The Galaz Family said...

Thank you. It was so obvious how much he was loved, the crowd at his funeral was huge. Your words are so kind.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! I must ask how did you know aaron and if you have any memories, I would be honored if you shared them. My name is Mahlon, one of his brothers. Aaron was an incredible man andwill never be forgotten or replace in our hearts and minds.

God Bless!

Mahlon

Anonymous said...

my e-mail is mahlon_braden@hotmail.com

:)

Unknown said...

So sad that I came across this, my name is Jeremiah Owen, I played little league with Aaron at Tujunga Little League, although I hadn't seen Aaron since I was 14 or so, I remember him as a quiet, good guy and man could he hit the ball! I remember him never bragging or being brash but just playing hard and that spoke volumes for the person I knew him to be and how I remember him. I was so saddened to hear of his passing. Our prayers are with you!