Thursday, February 19, 2009

Isn't it about time to work on those New Year's resolutions.


My friend, Liz, made a New Year's Resolution to walk/run everyday (except on the 15th and the 30th - those are the break days). This was supposed to be a resolution for both of us, because we're in "training" for our race this summer. She's been really good about it. She started at 3-4 miles a day, and then in February went up to 5 miles a day. In rain, snow, whatever. Me? Never. Too cold, too dark, too tired, too lazy. I'd much rather stay in bed. So, I was talking to some other friends the other day and they told me that they get together at 6:00am every morning to go walking. They walk slow because Paula has some owies, but they still walk. I said, "sign me up". I will make the effort to get up early, in the dark and cold, and be ready. Here I am, 6:00am, teeth brushed, shoes on, Cooper's ready, and the phone rings. They're not going. Now what? My shoes are already on, and Cooper is REALLY excited! Gotta go. Can't waste the shoes being on. So, Cooper and I head out in the cold dark and walk about three miles. Not great, but not too bad for a start. So, resolutions a little bit late, but who ever said you needed to start on January 1st? And my shoes were really excited to be out too!

No comments: