Monday, January 05, 2009

It's snowing again.


Yesterday at about 5:00, it started to snow. For no reason. Not on our weather forecast... just felt like it, I guess. Not a ton (like 3 or 4 inches in our front yard), but out city is not set up for snow. No snow plows, no salt machines, and lots of hills. Shuts down our school buses, and pretty much a lot of everything else too. I love it... truly I do, but I was DESPERATE for the kids to go back to school today. Just done having them around 24/7. Love them... but come on. You all know what I'm saying. So... we patiently kept checking the internet to see if the school district put up anything yet, and no luck. This morning, the dreaded phone call at 6:11 am. Luckily, no school closure, just late start which puts them 2 hours late for school. That's not bad, and actually an easier way to start back to school after being off for almost 3 weeks.
So, for day 4, a picture of the totally lop-sided, leaning tower of snowman the kids built me last week. Not yesterday, but the picture doesn't have to be from yesterday, just the memory does. See how this works? Totally accomodating!

1 comment:

This Mom said...

I am jealous your kids went back to school. Mine are out till January 28th. When all is said and done they will be home for 5 1/2 week. Man you gotta love year round school.

enjoy your snow.