Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We did it!

My car all decorated cute.
Van #2 - Carrie, Patty, Allison, Kris, Liz and myself
Mary passing off to Kris - that's the van exchange.
Kris passing off to Patty
Kris, Patty and Allison looking so lovely in the car.
Me, after I did my first leg. Don't I look hot??? (In more ways than one?)

In the middle of the night - again looking oh so lovely with a head lamp!
Kris after walking at about 2:30 am.
Van #1 - Susan, Temple (yes, that's her name - I kept calling her Twinkle though!), Angie and Mary - Allison and Lara in the background
Here I come!
Finished... and still alive!


We survived! 127 miles; 28 hours, 11 minutes, 48 seconds. Averaging a 13:16 minute mile - not me, mine is closer to 15 minutes... but we have some ladies on our team who are crazy (and have much longer legs than I do!) and walk about a 12 minute mile. We came in 33rd out of 145 female teams. We got no sleep - ok, maybe an hour, really doesn't count... does it? Smelled a WHOLE LOT!!! Ate a bunch of junk! And would we do it again... you betcha!

Lesson I learned this year though, training really helps! I wanted to do the last leg... the glory leg. Be the one to go into the beach, with all the cheers. But I tell you, by the time it got to the last leg, and everyone had already done their second leg, I so didn't want to do it! I was so tired and out of sorts. I just sort of strolled along. Probably about a 15 1/2 minute mile (5.25 miles), when my first round was closer to 14 minutes (4.89 miles). I was tired, sore, and having a problem breathing by the time I came in because I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing. But I'd still do it again... just remember the whole training thing!

Now, it's just on to Back to School Night (s - I've got two schools to go to), and then school starting next week. Still so much going on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post...loved doing it with you. You were an awesome driver and you had the FORCE on your side. Thanks for all...Kris

Blog Stalker said...

Great accomplishment. Congrats to you all!