Friday, August 22, 2008

Off to the races!

It's nearing the end of August, which means... Hood to Coast! Hood to Coast is a giant running team race in which teams of usually 12 do an approxiamately 24 hour race that goes about 200 miles, from Mt. Hood to the coast of Oregon. As well as Hood to Coast, there is also Portland to Coast which is a walking race. It is a little bit after 9:00 am, and we are almost done with our third walker. As a team of 12, we will walk 127 miles starting at 5:45 this morning, going until about 10:00 tomorrow morning. I am in the second van and getting ready for my team to arrive. I will be walking a bit over 5 miles tonight around 6:00, and then I will be walking the last leg (another 5 miles) tomorrow morning which goes into the beach, with all the crowd cheering. It's really cool! What an adreneline rush! This is the second year that I've done this, and although it's a lot of work, we always have a great time! No sleep, lots of stinky women and tired feet. What's better than that?

Wish us luck! Goooo Happy Feet (that's our team name!)!!!!

1 comment:

This Mom said...

I hope you took your camera. I would love to see picture. Good Luck. Wow I don't think I could walk 10 miles even if it was 5 miles at a time.