Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Today...




Today started out great! I got to go to a "Mommies, Muffins and Manicures" party in Macy's 1st grade class - in honor of Mother's Day! We got muffins - obviously! - the kids gave us manicures - let me tell you, my nails are very sparkly and pretty! - and there were lots of mommies! It was lots of fun!


Then, got the car washed (always good!), and came home with about 1/2 an hour to pick up the kids, to find out that the dog had been sick while I was gone. Spent the time giving the dog a bath in the front yard, cleaning his crate, cleaning the floor, and trying to get the smell out of the house. I leave him in the backyard in a fenced-in thing so his crate and him can dry out. The kids get home and we have to leave to drop Macy and Haley off at a friends' house, and take the Scouts to the Zoo. Zoo is fun, except we have about 25 Scouts, with 5 leaders and we keep losing them - a lot of the time on purpose. Not us losing them, but them leaving just to bug. So anyways, on the way home, in crazy traffic, one of the kids decides to throw up in the car. Lovely! Talk about a bodily-function day! (His mom cleaned it up... and she did an excellent job, I must say!) And then when I talk to D, he asks me where I left Cooper (the dog). I told him that I left him in the thing in the backyard, and he tells me that when he got home the dog was tied up on our front porch with a note to return the rope to the neighbor. Apparently, he got thru (let me say, "chewed thru"!) the crate in the backyard and spent most of the day at the neighbor's house, but then they had to go to baseball and didn't want us freaking out because we couldn't find him. I tell you, want to meet your neighbors?... get a dog whose an escape artist!


So, tomorrow has to be better... right?

1 comment:

AnnieH said...

Hello Hucks in the Hood. We are commonly known as the 'Hucks' by friends. We live in Manchester, England. There must be some family connection I am sure, as it is such an unusual name in England.

Please get in touch if you can. Would love to hear from other Huckvales.