Monday, April 04, 2011

Surprise!


Derrick told me we were going to pick up dinner. It was Taco Tuesday at Del Taco anyways so this didn't come as a surprise to me. He passed Del Taco. He told me he had another stop first. He kept driving and wouldn't say anything, so I just went along with it. He pulled into a strip mall driveway. I asked him if we were getting the car washed??? Although it was raining and the car wash was closed... but we were there. Then I asked if we were getting new tires? Another place we passed by. Finally he stopped at a Hawaiian restaurant. I asked him if he ordered food from there? He said yes. I asked if it was expensive (something I always want to know). He said yes. I checked out the menu in the front window, wondering if they had Puka Dogs (something we ate last time we went to Hawaii - so yummy!). We went inside, me still assuming we are picking up food, totally not paying attention. In front of us is a table of people, all holding their menus up to cover their faces. Still paying no attention. But then some of the hair looks familiar, and all of a sudden they are yelling "surprise"! And let me tell you, I was!!!

Totally made my day! Thanks to Miriam, Wendy, Megan, Kristi, Shauna, Liz, Allison, Kris, Susan, Lisa, Carrie, Patti, Joy, Michelle and Laurie for making my day! Love you guys!!!

No comments: