Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Legos guys are invading.


And with all the packing, sorting and moving, comes the new obsession. Lego mini-figures, otherwise known as "Lego Guys" in our house. Luke and I took a field trip to a Lego store right before Reed's birthday. (He LOVES Lego Guys after all, and we were hoping to just buy him some cheap guys.) Well, this Lego store is one that people can turn in their old Legos, find hard-to-find sets, guys, whatever, just a sort of speciality Lego shop. So I thought we could get some "used" Lego Guys for cheap. Not so. The cheapest ones, that you put together yourself, were $2.50 each. I was thinking more like $1 or something, but no. Legos are totally were it's at. (When my children have fully outgrown them, if that ever happens, I am going to be rich selling all the Legos we have in our house. Or maybe I can pay for their college educations with them???)

Anyways, what we did find were these series of Lego guys. A little grab bag. Still pricey, $3 each, but whole collections of them. You don't know what you're getting, so it's a bit risky, but D is pretty good at feeling through the bags and figuring out what they are. This guy at Toys R Us also sent me a text he had that had codes on them, and that makes it a bit easier also. So, this has become the new obsession. Luke has spent birthday money on these, the Easter Bunny has brought them, I think the Tooth Fairy has also. Not really what we need right now, one more thing, but truly, they make me happy too, and sit in my office so I get to enjoy them!

No comments: