Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Playing a bit of catch up.




Sorry... our life is crazy right now. We are trying to pack up our 3,000 square foot house, put 99% of it into storage and move the balance, plus the seven of us, a dog, two cats and a hamster into my brother- and sister-in-law's basement next weekend. So, life is off right now. Whatever. We all have our problems. Ours is just (as my Uncle Billy would say...) this giant tree, blocking the rest of the forest right now, and I just have to be patient, get around the tree, and then see the rest of the forest. I'm trying, I swear... but sometimes that tree just seems to be the "giantest" (I know that's not really a word!) tree in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! So anyways... a bit of catch up.

We had Spring Break a few weeks ago. The kids and I did the whole "let's-check-out-some-of-the-cool-places-to-eat-in-Portland" field trip. So here you go... the Grilled Cheese Grill and Voodoo Donuts. And this counts for three days... cause I haven't been so good at all my pictures of the day right now. And I have three pictures that I want to include in my book. Fun places.

Grilled Cheese Grill. They have two locations. One in a school bus and one in a double-decker bus. We went to the double-decker one. Fun. You order outside, then take your food (any kind of grilled cheese you could imagine and so yummy!) and go inside and eat. We sat upstairs and the kids loved it!

Then, always a favorite, crazy Voodoo Donuts. They have some funky donuts. Some with names I won't even say, but it's always an adventure and the Maple Bacon Bar is pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

No comments: