Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tree of Thanks


So I was responsible for doing Sharing Time in Primary the week before Thanksgiving, and D and I thought it would be fun for me to talk about thankfulness and show a video and then give all the kids leaves to write things on that they are thankful for. We then had this giant tree that D constructed (into the wee hours of the night if you know anything about my husband!) that we hung up in the Primary room and had all the kids stick their leaves onto. We brought it home and hung it in our kitchen and the kids continued to add to it throughout the week. It was really quite wonderful to realize that even when life is not necessarily going the way you want it to go, there is always TONS to be thankful for. One of our teachers in Primary, who is a young mom with young children, is also a breast cancer survivor, who just underwent reconstructive surgery, and she wrote "life" on her leaf. You gotta appreciate that. I know I'm quite late in this post, but I hope that we are all able to remember the things that we are thankful for... especially when we are being handed a bunch of lemons to work with.

No comments: