Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I just dropped my son off at Mutual.

Chad had me straighten his hair on the last day of school as a joke. Look how long it is! Totally long in the back. It was really tripping him out that it was cut all layered.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I have a child old enough to be in Mutual! (Mutual is the youth group for the "teenagers" in our church. 12-18 years old. Ok, so Chad really isn't a teenager yet, more like a "tween-ager", but still... he's that old!) So I just dropped him off there... for an activity with boys AND girls! Can you believe it?



Turning 12 in our church also means that he will now be able to hold the Priesthood. He will now be Deacon. He will be able to pass the Sacrament. Next week, while we are at our family reunion, he will be able to do temple baptisms. (He's already gotten his first "temple recommend"!) Just amazing stuff!



Does anybody remember that day, 12 years ago, when we welcomed our first child into the world? 8:01 am. 9 pounds, 3 ounces (can you believe that?). Bouncing bundle of wonderful baby boy. Besides D and myself, my mom and my Uncle Billy were there (and then a bunch of missionaries!). It was so exciting! We were a family! And now, 12 short years later, we have 5 of those bouncing bundles. Boy, time sure does fly!



We are so grateful for this bouncing bundle. He is such a great kid! He is smart and kind, although him and Luke do butt heads quite often. He LOVES his baby brother, Reed, and would do anything for him, and Reed totally is "Mini-Me Chad." He is SOOOO creative, and loves to make movies. Besides Star Wars, he is "passionate" about Indiana Jones and G.I. Joe - see... broadening his horizons a bit. He is a good friend and very loyal to the few that he chooses to keep close to his heart. We know that he is truly a gift to us and we are trying our hardest to take the best care of him possible.



We love you Chad and hope that you have the best birthday! Thank you for letting us be your parents!

No comments: