Saturday, March 29, 2008

You say it's your birthday....


(na, na, na, na, na) ... it's my birthday too, yeah! So yesterday was my birthday. I turned 37!!! Oh my gosh, that seems sooooo old! I don't feel old... but the number sure is scary!

The day didn't start out wonderful. It was snowing again. Again, not very much, but enough to cause some problems. D opened all the (electric) windows on his car to push off the snow, and one of the windows wouldn't roll back up. Very strange. So, needless to say, $150 later, and a lot of the day wasted, we discovered that he had a short or something, and now all works well.

Other than that though, the day was great! The night before, my friends, Paula and Angie, came over with a "singing telegram". I was given a "Princess Primping Bag" with all sorts of bling and glitter and told that I had to wear everything on my birthday (sorry guys, the crown didn't stay on that long!). I got some phone calls (hi Lisa, Wendy and mom), which I loved! Last week some of my friends (hi Jen, Jenny, and Amanda!) took me to P.F. Changs (only one of my favorites!) to celebrate, and this week I got Red Robin with the kids, and Olive Garden with D and the little ones.
D got my "baby" bracelet fixed for me, which was a huge thing! I have this silver bracelet that has a charm on it for each of the kids. I've had Haley's charm since she was born, as well as Reeds', problem is, the charms have to be welded on. Have to go to a jeweler or something. So, as a surprise, he had it done for me. Love it! Also got me a really cool GPS thingy. It's neat! I just typed in "scrapbook" and it listed all the scrapbook stores within like 20 miles that I didn't even know of. Very cool!

And then finally, our scouts had their Pinewood Derby last night. I tried to get it moved to another night, but unfortunately last night was the only one that worked... so, I sucked in the fact that it was my birthday (I can share the day, right?), and headed over to our church. Set up, was a race official, had a good time. Then, at the end of the evening, I was told there was a surprise for me, and D brought in a cake and everybody sang to me. Probably the biggest "party" I've ever had!

And now it's packing to head to Montana for some more snow! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

This Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Man your old, (he,he). How you had a great day. Why are you pack to go to Montana??

Billy and Yooli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!!