Monday, March 17, 2008

Top of the Morning to Ye!



Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!! I LOVE it! The Irish in me definately comes out! We had the whole corned beef and cabbage last night, and tonight it's all about the green food. Have my shamrock t-shirt on, and I've got my (softly) pinching fingers ready! Don't forget to wear green today!

So, the trap was set, but our Leprechaun is much too smart. This is my whole theory. I think that Leprechauns travel in packs. That way, one can set off all the booby-traps, get to what's hiding, and then the others rescue the one that gets caught. When the kids woke up this morning, they found their trap all in shambles, with a path of gold coins that led them to a giant Leprechaun hat in the basement filled with "gold" candy and this note...

Dear lads and lasses,
roses are red. clovers are green,
I'll never be caught, I'll never be seen.
I'm much too clever to be caught in your snare,
but just for tryin' my gold will i share.
follow the trail of coins to the spot
where you'll find my hat instead of a pot.

Better luck next year
you'll need it you see,
'cause as long as i'm a leprechaun,
you'll never catch me!
The leprechaun
Have a super and SAFE St. Patrick's Day! Try not to get pinched!!!

No comments: