Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Uninvited guest.

Ok. So last night. 4:00am. Wake up, because I'm hot, so I head downstairs to turn off the heat. I've got Reed and the cats in bed with me, Cooper asleep on the ground. Go downstairs. D is asleep on the couch (well gee... no room left on the bed.). So I turn off the lights, turn off the heater, and head back upstairs. About to go potty, when I hear the doorbell ring. Hello... it's 4:00 am... whose up at that hour. I go down, a little freaked, only to find a cop at the door (ok, this tends to freak me out a bit more). I open the door, and he informs me that my garage door is open. He tells me that he's sorry for waking me up, but that people have complained that their houses have been burglarized because they've left the garage door opened. So, I take care of it, but then totally can't get back to sleep because I'm sure there's someone hiding in our house. Totally paranoid me. D finally comes up around 5, and I tell him this story (he heard nothing... including Cooper barking at the doorbell), and I lock our bedroom door (after making sure that all the kids are still in their own beds), and feel a bit better. This morning I made sure that he checked the whole house for bad guys. We also made sure to tell Chad to close the garage door after he takes out the garbage. Not like we live in a bad neighborhood or anything... but still. Just put something in my head, and I'm freaked!

No comments: