Sunday, February 24, 2008

Politics.

Ok, so D is harrassing me again because I haven't blogged in a while, so D, this one's for you. Nothing exciting right now... just some complaints. Craig's List and PreSchool politics.

So first off, Craig's List. Our basement remodel is almost getting started - Yippee! We've had the contractor, plumber, electrician, cement guy and carpenter out. They are just finalizing everything up and then we're good to go. So, back to Craig's List. I've decided to sell off a bunch of baby stuff we are no longer using so that I can buy some new furniture for the basement once it is done. See the connection here? So anyways, I sold off one (yes one... I had two. Why? Just because I'm like that, ya know.) of the double jogging strollers for $10 less than I listed it for. D said I'm too easy, but I just don't like the dealing with people part of Craig's List. Prefer EBay anyday, but some items are just too big for me to want to deal with shipping. So now I am trying to sell the bassinet that we bought brand new for Reed for $100. (Why did we buy a new bassinet you say... because we couldn't find all the pieces to the old one, of course.) Anyways, I listed this hardly used bassinet for $50, half of what we bought it for which seemed very reasonable to me. A guy emailed and asked if my price was flexible and I said that I was willing to go down $5 and he emailed me back and told me that his budget was only for $40. Am I just being totally unreasonable here? Truly, I'd rather give it away to DI than keep lowering the price. This is my issue with Craig's List. The whole people thing. Sorry about that.

Ok, so now for PreSchool politics. Our PreSchool is a Coop, so the parents do a lot (MOST!) of the work. They were having elections for some of the board spots. I signed up for either the Treasurer or the Supplies Officer, both of which I feel I am very over qualified for. Only 3 people signed up for both of these positions - the same 3 people I might add. So, I had to fill out a "questionnaire", which was like a job application, and then go on an "interview" with some of the board members. Totally felt like I was applying for a job. Anyways, needless to say, although I was certain I would get one of the positions, I got neither. Not sure why... except for maybe the fact that I started off the year already head-butting with the president. I don't think that my qualificiations had anything to do with not getting the position. When I did my "interview", it seemed to go really well and seemed like the board members really liked me, so I don't know. Oh well. Maybe next year.

So, that's the end of my gripping for right now. Have some pictures and other better stuff to post, but I'm not at a "card-friendly" computer right now. Will post more later.

No comments: