Saturday, March 31, 2007

Showered with love...

So, last night my sister-in-law, Susie, and a friend from church had a baby shower for me. I was really nervous about it for some reason. We've lived here for about 7 months, and my sister-in-law invited all these people I don't know really well. It was making me feel weird - like they were only invited so they would bring me presents. She kept saying they were all nice people and I should get to know them, and only those that wanted to come would come anyway so not to worry about it. Well, there turned out to be about 10 people there (including a college friend, Lori, who I haven't seen in about 10 years - Hi Lori!) - and I was perfect with that. They were all people that I knew and liked! Much more comfortable for me!

So anyways, I got lots of cute outfits and other stuff, which was really nice. I'm having a hard time with boy clothes too, because they're not pink, ruffly or have bows. After only having baby girls for the last nine years, baby boy clothes are an adjustment for me. My friends proved to me that there are cute baby boy clothes out there... I just have to keep an open mind about it!

The car seat went into the car the other day. Crazy! Trying to get Haley to adjust to sitting on the other side of the car. She doesn't seem to care, but it makes me a little sad.

One final note, wanted to say hi to my mom! Found out she reads my blog, so "hi, mom! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!"

No comments: