Friday, January 05, 2007

Random thoughts...

I have not blogged in a while, and Derrick, who in no way is involved in my blogging, told me that I need to update more often. Where's he? He is more than welcome to update the blog. Anyone is for that matter! (He claims he doesn't know how to blog... but really, it's not hard at all!)

Anyways, done with the venting. The holidays were crazy, as I'm sure they were for everyone else. We stayed home, in our new house, which was really nice. We have two (gas) fireplaces in our house, but no chimneys, so the kids were concerned about how Santa would get in to leave presents. He didn't seem to have any problems! There were lots of presents when we woke up on Christmas morning. As I said, Santa has his ways! We spent Christmas Eve at my sister-in-law's, Heidi's, house, then had everyone over to our house for Christmas brunch, and then on to Bob and Susie's house for Christmas dinner. Let me tell you, a lot of eating was had by all!

We were also very fortunate to have Grandma Helen and Grandpa Fred here with us for the holidays which the kids loved. They really miss all their family from California that they are so used to seeing all the time! Grandma Paula is coming in April, and they are excited for that too!

So then, on to New Years. We had everyone over for games, snacks (!!!) and silly string at midnight. Again, we all had a great time and no resolutions were made!!! Always fun!

So now, it's just on to cleaning up from Christmas and adjusting to a new year. Adjusting to being pregnant - oh my gosh!!! Almost 7 months along, and we're going to have a baby in our house shortly! Crazy. Every time I think of it, it makes me a bit nervous. Right now we are desperately trying to potty train Haley, and she's really not very interested. (We really don't want to have two in diapers, but it looks like it might be that way, at least for a while.) If I leave her naked, she's great at going on the potty; but as soon as I put a diaper, pull-ups, or panties on her, she goes in those. All of the other kids were potty-trained at the YMCA, so we really don't know what we're doing!

Today I was asked to come up with a goal for the coming year. I signed up for this online scrapbooking class, and it's called "A Year in Review" (with Heidi Swapp - I love her! She's one of my favorite scrapbookers!). I have to come up with some sort of a goal (not a resolution), 5 reasons why I want to accomplish this goal, someone to help support me with my goal, and photos of me working on this goal. Really hard. Especially since I am always used to thinking of things for the kids, not myself. Part of me says that my goal should be to get Haley potty-trained. Another part of me says that I need to be better at exercising. Not losing weight - back to that 7 months pregnant thing - just exercising so I'm not always so sore at the end of the day. I think I might try to do that. I HATE to exercise! So today I got Kathy Smith's Pregnancy Workout DVD in the mail from Netflix, and tomorrow we are going to work on organizing the garage, so we are going to get my elliptical machine out of there and into our room. I'm hoping between the DVD and my machine, I might be able to accomplish 20-30 minutes of something every day. Also, because I am pregnant, I am CONSTANTLY eating!!! And really, I mean potato chips and ice cream. Seriously, anyone walks over with food, and I dig in. Doesn't really matter what it is, but the worse it is for me, the better!!! So again, not to lose weight (I haven't gained that much - not sure why!), but to try and balance out all the eating!!! And try not to have such a sore back at the end of the day. So, wish me luck!

That's about it for my random thoughts today. Will try and post some pics from the holidays, and be better about blogging more consistently.

No comments: