Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Almost made it...

Well, with only about 2 1/2 months of pregnancy left, it happened again. I am once again diabetic (gestational). Could be the fault of all the potato chips, coffee ice cream, and m&ms that I've been living on... g, ya think? Oh well. The benefit (if there is one) to being diabetic during pregnancy is that they put me on a diet which really controls what I eat. I will have to eat TONS of protein - and that's about it! - but at least in Haley's case, she was much smaller (7'7" compared to 9'3", 9'4" and 8'8")than the other kids when they were babies, and I only gained about half the weight (20 pounds compared to 40)... so gotta love that part! Hate the needle poking 3 times a day (and no SUGAR!!!), but as long as the baby and I stay healthy, that's all that matters!

No comments: