Sunday, August 30, 2009

My New Job… I’m Up to my Teeth in Teeth!


At the end of August I started a new job at a company called Reality Engineering. They are a smaller company that created a software program called Guru which is used in Dentist/Patient education. So I create and animate dental procedures that a dentist can show a patient to help explain what will go on. I just finished animating an apicoectomy… if you don’t know what that is, look it up on You Tube… just make sure you have an empty stomach first. This is a giant leap from doing feature films but there are some pluses to this job: one, I still get to do what I like, two, it is literally five minutes from home, three, I don’t have an end date (a BIG plus in my industry) and four, they are looking to expand into more kid focused education (more entertainment based) and they want me to spear head the development and implementation. So I’m really looking forward to that… and living in the same state as my family it a big plus too.

No comments: