Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

Getting ready for the parade.



Climbing to the top.


This scared me so much! I kept trying to stop in the middle, and D kept telling me that I was a pioneer, and that I could handle anything! Scariest part I think... getting down!

Water balloon tosses.

Just sporting some red, white, blue.... and a bit of water from the balloons!

Learning the ropes. Scary.... but I liked the pic!

Part of the giant mess at the end!













Hula-hooping with all our strength! Hey... you got a coupon for free ice cream at Yo Cream just for participating! Totally worth it if you ask me!







































And you can't forget the limbo contest!



















And all the goodies! At least 4 sno-cones had by all!


For those of you that don't know, I LOVE the 4th of July! I LOVE what it stands for - our freedom, our liberty, all that we have! I LOVE how we celebrate it - red, white and blue; fireworks; BBQs; parties; friends. What's not to love?

Like all other 4th of Julys, this one was TONS of fun! Our friend, Aaron, came to spend the weekend with us, and he was able to partake of all of our (normal) craziness! We started in Bob & Susie's neighborhood with their parade, which led to the lake for potluck lunch and games, and then of course, fireworks to finish the day off. Where we live, fireworks are totally legal. And not only are they legal, but you can shoot them off for the whole week leading up to the 4th, so it's quite crazy here. Luckily, no injuries... but lots of show!


Hope you all had a great (and safe) 4th also! Thanks Bob and Susie for a great day! Sus... hope you're feeling better! Love you!

No comments: