Saturday, September 13, 2008

Holes In Her Head...

When Macy was very little, like 3 or 4, she asked me when she could get her ears pierced. Being the wise mom that I was at the time, I said not for a long time... like when she turned 8 (it sounded really far away at the time). Little did I know, she would never forget this deal made at her tender toddler-hood.

Today, on the eve of her 8th birthday, we had some mommy-daughter fun. A trip to the mall. For what? To get some ears' pierced, of course. I think that I was more nervous about it than her. She was calm, cool, collected. I was being silly, giddy, nervous. I knew it would hurt a bit, but didn't want to scare her. Told her it would pinch a bit, but wouldn't be bad. The girl pierced both her ears, and Mace never made a sound. I think the pain of the first one kind of shocked her a bit, but once we put that mirror in front of her face, this big grin just appeared.

Our little girl is growing up... and I don't think I like it too much!

Cleaning the ears.

Marking where the earrings will go.

Second earring going in.

Look at that smile!

So grown up!

1 comment:

This Mom said...

Jillian has the same earrings. All of a sudden in a moment she went from a little girl to a big girl. It was very scary. I totally relate.