Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dear Macy,






Dear Macy,


I remember the day you were born. 8 years ago. This lovely little bundle of pink. I remember being pregnant with you and being so excited because after 2 boys, you were 80% a girl. What kind of odds are those? I didn't want to believe you were a girl because what if when you were born, you were actually a boy and I was heartbroken and upset. I wanted to love this baby, boy or girl, but gosh... a girl? Could it really be? A sweet baby girl in an extended family with mostly boys. 9 babies born in the past 4 years... all boys... and finally, a girl? I remember when you were born. They said, "it's a girl!", and I didn't believe them. I thought that I was hearing things, because I so wanted a girl. Every time I would wake up from my drug-induced state, I would ask if you were still a girl. A girl. Pink and frills and buttons and bows.

And lo and behold, 8 years later, here you are. A girl with freshly pierced ears, preparing to be baptized into our church in 2 weeks and start Activity Days on Wednesdays. A girl in the 3rd grade who plays soccer, is a Girl Scout and loves her friends. A girl who is trying to grow up, getting ears pierced and a pink hair dryer, but yet still loves her Littlest Pet Shop and Polly Pockets. A sweet spirit in our family, who can be mischievious and very silly, but a super helper and love. The middle child, who takes it in stride. Very sensitive and girly, but loving to the core.

Macy, we are very thankful to have you in our family. To be given the gift of you, for your time on Earth, to raise and take care of and hopefully do a good job. We love you more than life itself and give thanks for you every day.

Happy Birthday our little girl! You are growing up into such a beautiful young woman! We love you!


Mom and Dad

No comments: