Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stop the insanity.


Only 5 more days. That's it. Then D and I are headed on a cruise to Alaska. All by ourselves. Alone. None of those other 5 short people are coming with us. I love them. But currently, at the moment, I'm ready to trade them all for a pet monkey. I always wanted one as a kid. I mean really, who doesn't? I know that monkeys can be messy, and tend to throw poo, but right now, thinking those two things aren't too bad. (You know you all feel this way at times too. Not just me. And really, whose baby hasn't thrown poo at them at some point anyway?)

So anyways, back to the original thought. Grandma and Grandpa get here on Thursday night, and D and I head to Seattle on Friday morning for a 7-night cruise to Alaska. In honor of our 15 year anniversary next month. I'm so excited! Haven't really wrapped my brain around it yet, but still excited. Still trying to deal with the fact that our basement is torn up. Perfect time to go on a vacation, huh?

1 comment:

This Mom said...

Congrats on both the anniversary and the time alone. Remember to savor every moment and try not to talk about how much your kids would love what you are doing. Just take lots of pictures for them and tell them it was just like having them there. By the way can I say how jealous I am of both the place you are going and the time you are going to have. Have fun and enjoy.