Friday, June 01, 2007

Dream Dinners

Ok, for those of you that know me, you know how much I love to cook - NOT! So, today I was very excited to try this new thing called "Dream Dinners". It's not new in general, just new to me. A lot of people up here use it, so I wanted to try. The way it works is, you go to this place and pick out whatever different meals you want to make - they have a different calendar of menus every month. Then you go to all these mini-kitchens and follow their recipes and pre-make the meals. The great part is, all the ingredients, tools, measuring things, whatever you need, is already right in front of you (and you don't even have to clean up after yourself!). Then you just put it all into Ziploc bags, take them home and freeze them, and then you've got meals ready to cook, that actually have been prepared by you (for an extra $1 they will even put the meal together for you!). Crazy! This is definately my kind of cooking. I got a Sunday Roast, some Saucy Beef Tips and Honey & Orange Glaze Chicken - all on recommendations from friends who have tried them. Will report back once we've tried them. Works out to be about $20 a meal for 6 people... not too bad and super easy! I could like this!

Also discovered Schwan's. I was at a Stamp Camp this morning (go figure!) and the "Schwan's" man came by. Schwan's is like a giant refridgerator on wheels. They come to people's homes and have all sorts of good stuff - meat, veggies, ice cream, etc. Super cool! I have decided that I don't like the grocery stores up here, so at this rate I could never go grocery shopping again - other than Costco of course!

It's been a food-filled day! That could be June-y!

No comments: